Saturday, October 9, 2010

Readathon Mid-Event Meme Mini-Challenge!

I've made it to the Halfway point of the Readathon. Yay!! Here is a mid-event meme mini-challenge!

1. What are you reading right now?
I'm reading Infinte Jest by David Foster Wallace!
2. How many books have you read so far?
I have read from 3 different books so far but haven't finished any - Infinite Jest, Sunset Park by Paul Auster and I will not be Silent by April Maley
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
I'm looking forward to reading & finishing I Will Not Be Silent.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No, I just had to feed the kitties & mush them up & play with a little bit!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Fortunately I haven't had any major interruptions except the cats for food & some TLC, such as Sadie found me reading on the back deck & wanted me to pet her a bit, something I'm always happy to do!
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
I'm very surprised by how quickly the time goes by!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I'm really impressed by how well organized & run the Readathon is and how much fun it is. I want to thank all of the bloggers who worked so hard to make this a great event. Thank you!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I think I'd like to try my hand at Cheerleading next year since I don't feel I get that much reading done & I'd really like to cheer on other bloggers!
9. Are you getting tired yet?
I am getting tired but I'm going to have something to eat soon & a little iced coffee so that should help me for several hours (I hope!)
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
I got a lot of reading done when I walked away from the computer completely for several hours this afternoon. I found it easier to read straight for a few hours rather than take a break to blog every hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment