Friday, November 26, 2010

A Very Sad Day

BETSY


It's been a very sad Thanksgiving weekend here. My beautiful cat, Betsy, mom to the adorable Lola, died on Wednesday morning. She was only 3 years old and wasn't sick. My neighbor found her in his yard and we have no idea what happened to her. I'm devestated. I keep trying to rally and manage to do some things but then I just crumple again. Lola seems to be doing okay with all the TLC being bestowed on her. But she looks for her mom and it's so sad to watch. Betsy had been encouraging Lola to be independent for quite some time as the momma cats do so, at least Lola was used to spending a lot of time without Betsy. The death of a pet is the hardest part of loving them. And I can still say that I am very happy that my husband rescued Betsy out of the tree she was in and couldn't get out of 2 years ago when she was a kitten. But I'll miss her terribly.

20 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your Betsy. :( The loss of a pet . . . it's hard to bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really sorry to hear about Betsy. I know hard it is to lose a beloved pet. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to learn about your loss Amy. She was too young. I wonder if someone who does not like cats could have poisoned her? My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I am sorry to read about your beloved Betsy. Pets bring such laughter, joy, comfort and unconditional love. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Amy, just today I was overtaken by a wave of sadness from missing my beloved Thelma, who died nearly a year ago. My heart goes out to you -- Betsy was so young! Thankfully you have Lola and others to keep you company. I'm sending you virtual hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I know that a beloved pet is a member of the family so it really hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I wonder what happened to her??? Poor little baby. I totally know what it feels like to lose a furry family member. It doesn't even matter how many others you have. I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about Betsy. I know how hard it is to lose one of your fur babies. My heart goes out to you. I'm sending a big (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, Amy, I'm sorry about Betsy. I'm sure she had everything she could have wanted in her two years with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy, you already know how sorry I am about Betsy. I know just how you're feeling. If you need to talk anymore you know where to find me. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry, Amy. Hugs to you (and Lola, too).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Amy - I am SO sorry to hear about your loss...that is tragic; she was much, much too young. I understand how much this hurts. *big hugs* to you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh ... I'm so so sorry to hear this ... and especially when it was so unexpected like that. Hugs to you and Lola too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, I'm so sorry for your kitty :( Hugs to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just read this post...so sorry Amy :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, that is very sad. I am sorry. I, too, love cats and share your sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amy, I am so sorry to hear about this. My heart is breaking for you. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to read about your kitty. You're right, losing them is the hardest part of loving them.

    ReplyDelete