Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Lonely by Emily White

Teaser Tuesdays is an interesting and fun book-related meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Be prepared to add several new books to your TBR list! I do every week!

My Teaser:

" What I was going for was togetherness, a sort of bounded camaraderie which - much like the army - would see me dressing and behaving like everybody else. Although I could never have said so to Martin, who was socially gutsy, what I was looking for was a buffer, a shortcut into a life so intensely peopled that loneliness couldn't find me. "

from Lonely by Emily White (p. 21)

Anyone can play along! If you'd like to participate, Just do the following:
*Grab your current read
*Open to a random page
*Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page. (I used 3 this week!)
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
*Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their
TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

*And, finally, don't forget to link your post to MizB's at Should Be Reading. If you don't have a blog, simply share your "teasers" in a comment.

5 comments:

  1. I'm reviewing this book for TLC next month, but haven't received it yet. It sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but loneliness can find anyone anywhere.

    Great teaser

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser. Loneliness is hard to avoid, though, particularly when you're trying to . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds interesting, but maybe a little depressing for this time of year. Good teaser, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Avisannschild: I'm reviewing it too! I won it so already at it - so far it's interesting! I look forward to your thoughts.

    Alice Audrey: So true! And the author wants to shed some light on loneliness which embarasses & shames many people.

    The Golden Eagle: Apparently it's something many people suffer from very badly and completely seperate and apart from depression.

    Jshall: I think we all have our problems in life and this time of year finds many people spending a lot of time alone and feeling badly about it. But the author conquers her problem with loneliness I think and learns to cope with it while helping others.

    ReplyDelete