Sunday, February 17, 2013

~ The Sunday Salon ~


I haven’t posted a TSS post in a couple of weeks.   By the time Sunday rolls around, I feel lazy and restless.  I tend to find myself spending the day, if I’m home, reading the entire NY Times in bed and several cups of coffee or, like last week, getting lost in the fun of Pinterest.   It’s not as if I’m at a high-pressure, long hours job all week, as I know some of you are or have several young children demanding every minute of my time (unless you count the cats who  often seem a lot like small children!).  I think sometimes I just get a little tired or bored doing the same thing day in and day out.  Even with reading and it doesn’t matter what I’m reading.  I just realized this happens to me only in winter.  So maybe it partly has to do with knowing my chances of getting out of the house during these weeks of winter are pretty slim.  In the warm, sunny weather when I can get outside everyday if I want to, I don’t get this lazy, restless feeling.  I admit, to, during the winter months when I’m inside most of the time, I don’t always know what to write about in TSS posts.  Cute anecdotes about the cats and the weird videos I found on YouTube only go so far!  I wonder if this would happen to me if I lived in CA or GA.  Someday I’d like to move out of the city, maybe to somewhere a little more temperate.
I have some good cat stories for you.  I’m just holding off until I have some good pictures to go with them.  I have to work on getting photos online again since I couldn’t transfer what was on the old computer.  I need to update the cat pictures on my blog, too (among many other things!).  I have two new cats to tell you about, Oscar and Cecelia (Cee Cee).  Oscar’s a one-year-old (approx.) and Cee Cee is 6 or 7 months and getting fatter every day! We also feed and sometimes give temporary shelter to 2 or 3 other cats when it’s really cold out.  I’m hoping within a month to have the pictures ready…maybe sooner!
 On the book front, I started reading Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear a few days ago.  It’s very different than I expected but I like it.  I’m also reading Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon for a book club hosted by Andrea whose blog is Great Thoughts.  I’m really enjoying Wife 22; it’s smart, funny, poignant and unexpected. I’m still reading The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Strout.  I’m taking more time with this book because it doesn’t have a concrete deadline while the others do!

I hope you’re all enjoying your Sunday and reading a good book!

8 comments:

  1. I imagine you do get cabin fever in the winter. We've had an especially mild winter this year - I've only needed my gloves one time when I walked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean by the winter being harder to get motivated. I'm much the same. For a while there I wasn't even sure I wanted to keep blogging but then I started feeling like it more and I'm glad. Like you I'm home every day and I don't go out a lot in the winter with the cold so I think that just makes us feel a little drearier to. Spring is on the way though Amy and it'll be much better. I can't wait to see the cat pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on down to Florida and soon you will be complaining that it is too hot! This winter has been so mild, and only in the last day or two have we really had cold weather. Pretty sad though when you are sweating your ass off in the middle of February! Can't wait to see pictures of the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had one of our cats in my lap this morning and was petting her and fur was just flying everywhere and when she got up I was literally covered in fur. I don't know how you manage to keep up with so many cats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i tend to be sad at times in winter and I can't really say why except more time indoors and shorter days. I do get that restless feeling as well.

    Hope Spring does pop earlier this year. Have a good week enjoying cats and books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had some really nice weather over the weekend. It was 85 or so. Not too hot but lovely. However, tomorrow they said it might snow!! It's supposed to be 31. How can that even happen? We have been getting such strange weather.

    I can't wait to read your kitty stories. I miss having a cat. I briefly mentioned that the Otter Pup might like a friend and my husband grumbled at me. He really does not like a litter box in the house and my daughter is allergic which we didn't realize until my beloved Kitty died about 3 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Sunday morning sounds so heavenly! LOL It's funny how differently we can perceive things when circumstances are different. Honestly though, I just wasn't happy my daughter didn't want to sleep in even a little Sunday morning--or Saturday morning. She's spoiled me the past few weekends, sleeping in until at least 8.

    I look forward to reading your cat stories! We've been dealing with a sick dog and I think I may have to take my older cat to the vet for another check up soon. If he didn't hate it so much, he'd have gone already . . .

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it weren't for Gage I would be happy to be housebound for the winter :) As it is, all day in the house is no fun for a 2 year old. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete